Sunday, April 9, 2017


Sunday, April 9th

This is Russ.  I thought I would tell you about my job here in Moscow since Eileen described hers. I am the Area Mental Health Advisor (AMHA) for the young volunteers (in Russia) or missionaries (as they are called in the other countries) who serve in any one of the 14 missions which includes 16 countries in the Europe East Area. The sixteen countries are: Russia, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Armenia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, and Turkmenistan.  Seven of the sixteen missions are in Russia, three in Ukraine.  The rest of the area comprise the other four missions: Baltic States, Central Eurasian, Bulgaria, and Armenia.

Most of the time I spend between 18-22 hours each week on the phone and spend at least 15 more minutes writing reports for each session I have had with a volunteer.  I normally "meet" with each missionary about six times. About 1/3 of those I work with are women and 2/3 are men, at any given time.

The volunteers and missionaries are lovely people, all dedicated to the Lord and doing their very best in spite of a harsh conditions they face in our region.  The Mission Presidents and their Wives are very, very concerned for the young adults.  So far, I have worked with all 14 of the Mission Presidents or their wives. All have been generous and kind.  It is a privilege to be able to help these young people. They are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment